"Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every one hundredth of a second." - Marc Riboud
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best time of day to schedule an outdoor session? Scheduling your session about an hour or two before sunset will give us the best chance of getting the most ideal light for your images. Obviously, that changes throughout the year! If you’re not able to schedule your session at exactly that time, that’s OK. We can still get fabulous images at other times during the day! I will always work with the light we have to create the best images possible for you.
2. What if they’re forecasting rain on the day of my session? You have several options if rain is forecasted for the time of your scheduled session: a.) On most rainy days it doesn’t rain ALL day, so we can meet earlier or later the same day so that we do our best to avoid the rainiest part of the day. b.) Choose a nearby indoor location as a backup. There are several indoor locations that have plenty of natural light and we can get great pictures there. c.) Reschedule your session for another day. We can choose another day that works for both of our schedules. d.) Embrace the rain! Why not?! We could get some fun puddle-jumping shots! :)
3. Your digital images come with a print release. What is a print release? A print release gives you and your family permission to print the images for your own personal use. The print release does not give you permission to claim the images as your own, crop or alter the images in any way, but if you want to have prints, canvases, albums, t-shirts, etc. made, you are free to do all of that. The copyright still belongs to me as the artist who created the images.
4. Will I get to see all the images you shot during our session? After your session, I go through all the images and eliminate all the duplicates, test shots, missed focus shots and shots with bad expressions. I choose the images with the best expressions, the sharpest focus and best lighting to deliver the highest quality product to you. I upload those images to a proofing gallery with no or very minimal editing. You get to choose which images you wish to keep from this gallery and then I will edit and deliver those to you in your final gallery.
5. How long after our session will I receive the digital images? Once you've chosen the images you want from your proofing gallery, post-processing of a session usually takes about 2-3 weeks. During busy season turn-around times can extend to four weeks or more. Please plan ahead if you need your images for gifts, greeting cards or other time-sensitive products.
6. How will I receive my images? When your images are ready to be delivered to you, you will receive an email with a link to see your finished gallery. The gallery will include instructions for downloading your images.
7. Can I order prints or canvases from you? Yes! When you view your images in your final online gallery, you will have the option to order prints, canvases, mounted prints, albums, cards and metal prints directly from your gallery if you wish. These products will be created through a lab that I trust and will be delivered directly to you.
8. How far in advance should I book my session? As soon as you know when you’d like your session to be scheduled, it’s best to contact me so we can get it on the calendar and you can have the day that works best for you. This is especially true if you’d like your session to be anytime between late July and December.
9. Do you offer mini-sessions? I typically offer one or two days of mini-sessions throughout the year. You can join my email list to be among the first to find out about these mini-sessions.
10. When is payment due? Payment is due at the time you book your session. Once your invoice is paid, your session date and time will be reserved for you.
11. What happens once I’ve booked my session? I will send you a questionnaire, a location guide to help you choose a location, an online contract to sign and a What to Wear guide. I truly value your responses to the questionnaire because they help me get to know you a bit prior to meeting you and get a feel for what you’re looking for from your photo session. Many clients have told me that the What to Wear guide has been extremely helpful for them when they’re deciding what to wear for the shoot. And if you send me photos of outfits you're considering, I'm always willing to help you decide what will look best!
Please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you. I look forward to meeting you!